Sunday, February 10, 2013

Attention Grabber

Let's face it: guys aren't the best at taking hints. Ever. Try as they might, they don't usually figure out the romance thing on their own, but instead need a little push. Or a big one. So when my soulmate was about to walk away forever last night, I knew I had to act fast.

Let me rewind a bit to catch you up. I'm at the bar with my girlfriends, winding down after another long week. I'm not interested in picking up guys or anything like that. I just want a nice, chill evening. I look up to see my friend staring at the doorway, and following her eyes, see the most perfect male specimen I have ever laid my eyes on. He was average height: about five feet 9 inches, which is perfect for me since I'm barely over five feet tall. His brown locks were short but still long enough to run your fingers through. But those eyes were what got me. Usually I don't go for dark eyes, but his chocolate brown eyes looked as if they held thousands of years of secrets. So deep that I could stare into them forever.

As soon as I decided that this could be the one for me, he was already turning to walk back out of the door. I knew I had to get his attention, but wasn't sure how. That annoying pop song about giving some guy you just met your number popped into my head, but I didn't have any paper, and I knew that guys rarely called back, especially if they had been drinking and didn't even remember what you looked like. No, I needed to do something that would keep him from walking out of that door and out of my life forever. I grabbed the nearest napkin and scrounged around for my eyeliner to write the five words that I knew would grab his attention and keep it: I wanna have your babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment