Monday, April 22, 2013

Eight Colors of Me



Maroon
I have a LOT of maroon t-shirts. I mean a lot. Crimson and Maroon are not the same thing. I soon realized this after coming to college. My high school's colors are maroon and gold. The colors of ketchup and mustard. I hated the gold part, but loved the maroon. There are so many different shades of plain old red, and maroon is my favorite. So sorry Crimson Tide, but I'm sticking with maroon.

Macaroni and Cheese
Being a girl, I babysit a lot. And babysitting young kids, you learn to love Kraft macaroni and cheese A LOT. And I'm not talking about the mac n' cheese that comes from a tiny pack with a serving size of one. Babysitting allows you to make a huge pot of the stuff and eat WAY more than you should. But it's okay. Because when you're babysitting and the kids don't eat it all, someone has to be the human garbage and eat all of the leftovers.

Shamrock
My mother's mother immigrated from Ireland. That makes me 1/4 Irish. So let's just say, I love all things Irish. Green. Potatoes. Shepherd's Pie. I love it all.

Periwinkle
For more years than I can count I've gone to the same beach house, during the same week of the summer, with the same people. The house is a perfect shade of periwinkle, and I absolutely love it. Periwinkle makes me think of the beach: the waves, the sand, the shopping. 

Tickle Me Pink
109-tickle-me-pink-crayon
I love to be tickled, but I hate to be tickled. I scream, kick, and fight when I'm being tickled. But, unless some creeper just decides to tickle random people, someone who tickles you is someone who loves you, in my opinion. Those people who tickle me are my loved ones, and while this form of showing me affection makes me want to kill myself sometimes, it reminds me of all the people I love in my life.

Bittersweet
Life is full of many bittersweet moments. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to have to say goodbye to people who have been some of by best friends in college (that's what I get for being friends with seniors). Goodbyes suck, but they are a part of life and are necessary for forward movement. 

Jazzberry Jam
This crayon doesn't really have important significance to my life, except that I really like the name, because it sounds sassy, and I tend to be sassy. 

Midnight Blue
I firmly believe that only good things happen after midnight. The middle of the night is when some of my craziest, most exciting moments in life have happened. Life is all about being crazy and doing whatever you want (within certain legal limits), especially when you're young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment